This simple, sweet, sticky and tangy combo is perfect for kicking back and watching a movie or the game. it was inspired by those tasty little honey mustard pretzel bits, which are crazy addictive. Our popcorn is just as habit forming, but feature less weird preservatives. Win-win all around!
- Popcorn ( we use Smartpop for microwave, and regular Orville seeds for air popped)
- 2 tablespoons of dairy-free butter (we like Earth Balance)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard.
- 2 teaspoons of old style chunky grainy mustard (if you don’t have this, just use more dijon)
- 1 or 2 tbs of honey, to taste (We like things sweet, but you might not). We prefer local honey from the farmers market, but just make sure it is the runny kind, not the harder “set” kind so it’s easy to stir in).
- 1 tsp salt
- Pop the corn. We usually make air-popped Orville Redenbacher, but
- Melt butter (microwave for about 30 seconds) and mix in honey and Dijon mustard.
- Drizzle the butter-honey-dijon mixture over popcorn while also sprinkling the salt over it all.
- Give it a few good mixes and enjoy! It’ll get your fingers all sticky and sweet too!