Nothing is better than a warm, sweet, gooey cinnamon bun, covered in melty frosting. However, your waistline might not thank you if you indulged in one as often as you would like (Kassia would choose every. single. day. if she could).
So, we have perfected our cinnamon roll popcorn to help you satisfy the same craving, but in a much more…shall we say, sustainable…way!
- 2 tablespoons of dairy-free butter (we like Earth Balance)
- Popcorn ( we use Smartpop for microwave, and regular Orville seeds for air popped)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (more if you’re cinnamon crazy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (if you have it, use pure vanilla extract, and not imitation. We stock up when we go to Mexico, because it’s way cheaper there)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Pop the corn
- Melt butter (microwave for about 30 seconds)
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the butter
- Drizzle butter mixture into popcorn, while also sprinkling on the cinnamon.
- Mix thoroughly, and sprinkle salt throughout while mixing.
- Enjoy it, guilt free!